Now that the tides of Hurricane Irma are fading away, the reality of such a devastating storm is sinking in. Even so, as we begin the assessment phase of recovery for our properties and residents, we are finding that we have been, by and large, very fortunate...
Community of Hope truly is about community- both in good times and when it's hard. It was wonderful to see how everyone pitched in during the storm prep and clean up.
We are still assessing damage. So far...
- There is a major tree across the drive (missed the house and car) at one of the NSP houses.
- We lost shingles off some of Hope Village.
- Hoag did not flood and the driveway at Roosevelt had just a little water.
- Many of our folks are without power still.
- We had to evacuate 2 families to a hotel because the septic system does not work without power.
- Many roads are still flooded as of 3 PM Monday Sept 11. Be careful and don't travel unless you must.